Using your phone to find a walking football club
Did you know that the majority of visitors to this website are using a mobile phone or tablet to find local walking football events?
Fortunately for this 59% of users, we’ve built Walking Football World to work fit the small screen in your hands as comfortably as a pair of old Adidas Copa Mundials fit your feet.
All of our web pages and listings are designed to work perfectly on every device, allowing you to find your next place to play wherever you are.
Here’s a few top tips for using your phone to find your next session, club or event:
- Use the “hamburger” menu at the top left of the screen to navigate the website – the full horizontal menu is too wide for even the biggest of todays phablets (a mix between a phone and a tablet!)
- Keep your search simple by selecting both a location and the type of event from the filter options first
- Call or email about an event directly from a listings page by tapping on the address or phone number
- Share listings and information with friends quickly and easily via social networks and messaging tools such as WhatsApp
Top 5 mobile devices used to access WFW in 2019
- Apple iPhone (34%)
- Apple iPad (23%)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 (3%)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 (2%)
- Samsung Galaxy A5 (2%)
Staying safe online
While the internet is great for learning and reading about walking football, it’s important to remain aware of the risks that sharing too much information online can pose.
Please remember that we can not be responsible for the content found on any third party website that we link to from our listings or articles.
As a result, we recommend that you follow these steps to stay safe:
- Never give out payment details over the phone when enquiring about a walking football event
- Do not disclose other sensitive personal information over the phone or by email
- Use an encrypted password manager such as Dashlane or LastPass to keep login details safe and secure